The player can trade with some NPCs in order to earn coins and buy the necessary equipment. In addition, most NPCs can be hired with coins and items the NPCs like and become settlers in the player's settlement. Some NPCs are only available for recruitment after certain conditions are met, such as defeating Bosses.
NPCs that can join your settlement
• Farmer fertilizes the fields using the fertilize zones
• Hunter hunts critters
• Animal Keeper does husbandry, taking care of your cows and sheep
• Mage enchants trinkets, weapons and some tools
• Angler can be sent on fishing trips
• Explorer can be sent to discover new islands and to explore caves
• Stylist can change your appearance
• Miner can be sent on mining trips
The settlers will be happier the larger a room, more furniture and the better food they consume. Happy settlers have much better shop prices and take fewer and shorter breaks.
Special services from Mage, Angler, Explorer, and Stylist require coins in exchange.
|Elder||Won't do any tasks||Automatic at start of game|
|Villager||Hauling, crafting, forestry, farming||None|
|Hunter||Hauling, crafting, forestry, farming and hunting||None|
|Alchemist||Hauling, crafting, forestry, farming||None|
|Angler||Hauling, crafting, forestry, farming and fishing||None|
|Blacksmith||Hauling, crafting, forestry, farming||None|
|Farmer||Hauling, crafting, forestry, farming and fertilize||None|
|Gunsmith||Hauling, crafting, forestry, farming||None|
|Pawnbroker||Hauling, crafting, forestry, farming||Defeat Pirate Captain or have 8 or more settlers|
|Animal Keeper||Hauling, crafting, forestry, farming and husbandry||Defeat Void Wizard|
|Explorer||Hauling, crafting, forestry, farming||Defeat Void Wizard 1|
|File:Miner.png||Miner||Hauling, crafting, forestry, farming||Defeat Evil's Protector|
|Mage||Hauling, crafting, forestry, farming||Defeat Void Wizard 2|
|Broken Pirate||Hauling, crafting, forestry, farming||Defeat Pirate Captain|
|Stylist||Hauling, crafting, forestry, farming||Defeat Pirate Captain 3|
- The explorer can be recruited in the Desert Caves
- The mage can be rescued in the Dungeon prior to defeating the Void Wizard
- The stylist can be rescued in the Pirate Village prior to defeating the Pirate Captain
If a settler dies during a Raid Event or from monster attacks, they do not respawn, but the same type of settler has a very high chance to arrive soon after to be recruited.